FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(818) 343-4777 voice
(818) 343-7444 fax
DEBUTS WITH GENERATION VIII SERIES 2
DIGITAL-TO-ANALOG CONVERTER / PREAMPLIFIER
Agoura Hills, May 30, 2008 – The most widely acclaimed manufacturer of highend audio components, Theta Digital, is introducing an enhanced DAC / Preamplifier to its range of US-designed and US-built products. Theta invented and introduced the first outboard DAC in 1987. The new Generation VIII Series 2 is the latest iteration in a series of DACs and incorporates a long list of enhancements that refine the clarity of the audio signal and deepen the sonic experience.
The Generation VIII Series 2 is a fully differential balanced DAC featuring customdesigned software-programmable digital filters feeding into two digital-to-analog converters per channel, one for each phase. Linear power supplies ensure clean power resulting in ultra-low noise. Theta’s “Jitter Jail” technology eliminates most digital distortion. The Generation VIII Series 2 delivers the most accurate, welldefined, natural sound that digital technology offers.
– NEW 24 / 192 DAC chip
– Up to 132 dB dynamic range (a 15 dB improvement over the Generation VIII)
– Over 3X differential output current
– Stop-band attenuation of -130 dB (a 48 dB improvement over the Generation VIII)
– Pass-band ripple ± 0.00001 dB (a 200x improvement over the Generation VIII)
– Fully differential DAC follower op-amp with 150MHz bandwidth (a 70 MHz improvement over the Generation VIII)
– Four new discrete analog, digitally controlled volume cards with zero offset nulling.
– 5 digital inputs
– 1 stereo pair of analog inputs (single ended and fully balanced)
– RS-232 for external control from Crestron®, AMX®, etc.
– Can be slaved as an outboard DAC to Theta Digital’s Casablanca III Music & Cinema Controller
The Generation VIII Series 2 measures 17 5/8″ W by 5″ H by 17 3/4″ D. Weight is 35 pounds boxed.
# # #
Generation VIII Series 2: $13,500.00 USD
Generation VIII Series 2 upgrade from Generation VIII: $1,875.00 USD
Upgrade pricing from previous Gen models available upon request
NOTE: All prices and specifications, while correct at the time of writing are subject to change.